Buckeye Faythful

Buckeye Faythful
Scarlet'n'Gray Nation

Eric's AP Poll

  • 1) T.H.E Ohio State University

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Assignment #3 Miles

After writing my first true play the limitation that I found were finding way to express the characters thoughts and idea through dialogue. Stage directions and the addition of characters in the state directions were hard to write. The pleasant surprises I found was coming up with foreshadow in the dialogue which was pretty fun. Yes, I would be interested in attempting drama writing or anything of its form, screenplays or television scripts. Because once you get past the stage directions everything is wide of to what you want to do. Unlike a story which you have to flow certain restrictions in a play you’re open to writing anything you want. I had a lot of fun writing this play more then any other thing we have done this year.

If I could give a 10 year old advice about growing up I would share personal experiences and what I have seen in the world. I would tell them the world isn’t always going to be the great places to live in and people will always try to push you down. As long as you can stay true to your self, keep believing in the dreams that God has given you, and then nothing can stop you. You are going to have days where you mess up and that’s okay. Take the time to learn from those mistakes and grow to make your self a better person. Never forget you only live once and live it to the fullest without doing dumb things all the time.

1 comment:

Mr. Miles said...

I like most forms of writing (I rarely write poetry), but I do like the freedom of writing plays as well. It's very cut-to-the-chase because of just doing dialogue and allowing the dialogue to do what the narration does in fiction. That's not to say that I don't like writing fiction and essays; it's just that I like that particular aspect of writing plays/screenplays.