Buckeye Faythful

Buckeye Faythful
Scarlet'n'Gray Nation

Eric's AP Poll

  • 1) T.H.E Ohio State University

Monday, December 10, 2007

Assignment #2 Miles

How important is sugar to make ice cream? Yeah you can make ice cream without the sugar but it will never be as sweet. I great piece of literature is like ice cream with a perfect amount of sugar, milk, and all the other things that go into making the perfect bowl of ice cream. Expressing an idea or Theme, as most people would put it makes the story sweeter. The book the Color of Water by: James McBride if he hadn’t expressed the idea of races and how your skin color doesn’t make you any different from anyone else it wouldn’t have been as good of a book. The stories the where shared were good, but to make them have meaning behind theme adds that sugar to everything making everything just better. But on the other side you never know how much sugar people like in their ice cream. By that I mean some books have ideas and/or theme that don’t work out with what I think the book was trying to say. But all and all every book needs some sugar just to make it a little bit better.

Great literary work that last forever has a theme that never gets old. A theme that is still as relevant in the present as it was when it first came out. People read books that they usually can have some relation to. Those are the books with themes that can never get old or never be fully interpreted. I don’t think I’m a good writer so no I do not foresee anything I write lasting a long time.

I couldn’t even tell you. I can’t answer these types of questions. All I can say is that I will try to make this world a better place then I found it. I don’t know how I’m going to do that but I sure will try. The reason why its important to me to leave this world a better place then I found it is because I was raised to be the best person I could be. I’m that I made a goal for myself to hopefully do something that impacts the world in a positive way. If not the world I pray that I can have an impact on even one person and I’d feel that I’ve accomplished my goal.

1 comment:

Mr. Miles said...

Hey Rufus, I really like your comments on theme. I have really enjoyed works that don't have strong themes (like the BOURNE movies), but when you see or read something that really speaks to you (like its themes really reach out and grab you) that's what you take with you, that's what you read again.