Buckeye Faythful

Buckeye Faythful
Scarlet'n'Gray Nation

Eric's AP Poll

  • 1) T.H.E Ohio State University

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Assignment 7

In this quick 1st quarter of Creative Writing I have enjoyed the short stories section. I also enjoyed doing the poetry section but I don’t feel that I’m a good poem writer. The reason why I enjoyed the short stories more then the rest was because I find it quite fun to write stories. Poems are too short to get a point a cross in an interesting manner. Don’t get me wrong Poems were also a lot of fun.

The strongest piece of writing written by: eZy himSelf would have to be the story named Did I Every Say Thank You? The reason why I think that this was my strongest piece of writing is because of the point of view it was written. Writing the beginning of the story is the end of the story and the end of is a continuation of the start. So it’s pretty much written in a manner that isn’t used often by most people.


Honestly I’ve only learned on thing about my self this quarter. The thing I learned about myself was that I’m not bad at writing poems. I was not looking forward to the long poem section because from my past experiences I didn’t do well in poetry. I would consider myself self-driven and I don’t need people to push me to get something done. I hate having structure when it comes to creative writing. It’s creative writing, the writer should be able to take the story in any direction they want.


Honestly anything. I’m extremely opened minded to do anything. Plays would be a something I would be looking forward to. After reading the book Monster I’ve been interested in writing a play that didn’t have structure. And I could take it any where I wanted to.

2 comments:

macendz said...

OHIO STATE IS POOPY

Tom's Blog said...

Haha your short story (the second one) was ridiculous. I really enjoyed it. I kind of want to read the revised version, but the ending was much better I thought.

I'm glad you realized you aren't bad at writing poems. I thought your poems were good, and the poems we wrote in our group were always really random and funny. Even the short story where you totally changed the entire direction of Natalie's by saying "how could I love someone that was dead." Hahahah